Sunday, September 7, 2008

Lucas was blessed





















Today was such a wonderful day. We blessed Lucas and Scottie did such an amazing job! I wish I could be a good public speaker, lets just say I froze when I got up to bare my testimony. Anyways after the blessing family members came over and stayed for awhile. Things like this really make you realize how important family is. I could never of feed everyone and make everything run so smoothly without Karen and my mom. Not to mention Grandma "B" who is willing to do anything. Thank you Thank you you guys!

It is so hard for me to believe that I have three children now. Where does the time go!?! I wish time would stand still for just awhile because I feel like little Luke is growing up way to fast and I just can't get enough of his baby-baby stage. Life is just way too precious. Babies are like little pieces of heaven on earth and I have this poem that is exactly how I feel right as of this moment.......even though I literally stayed up until FOUR in the morning cleaning my house spotlessly for today, and I mean deep cleaning and organizing. I re-organized book shelves and the toyroom and storage bins- can we say O.C.D. I packed for our trip too, but enough about that, read this poem.

Cleaning and Scrubbing can wait 'til tomorrow
For babies grow up we've learned to our sorrow
So quiet down cobwebs dust go to sleep
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

Lets be honest, I'm so glad my house is clean but I just want to hold my little guy and cherish every second because I know I'll blink my eyes and he'll be bigger and older. I hope Lucas knows how much love I have for him even though he's #3 it's like the love just grows and gets stronger for all my close ones.

5 comments:

Laura Lu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marianne said...

Lars that was so sweet. I wish we could have been there for that blessing.. I always think of you when I have a million things to do and you always told me to just hold my baby cause they grow so quick. It is so true. I wish we lived closer and hope we get to see you guys soon! Love Mars

jen said...

Time just goes by so fast, doesn't it! It's so easy to get caught up but times like these put it all into perspective! I'm glad it all went well! Miss ya!

melissa said...

i feel like the third grows up faster and i just don't want her to. i was a babywise mom but know i don't care about that. i just want to hold her all day and night long. i love the blessing day. it is so fun to celebrate someone so small and precious! hope to see you at the playdate tuesday. i just sent the evite.

Jen and Buzz said...

Lars, I am so sad that I missed his blessing. What cute pictures, and that one of Scotty and Lucas is so sweet. I love all the new pics, Ash is so stinkin' cute in those first day of school ones. Love ya

ashlyn's first crush

ashlyn's first crush







Blog Archive

My Blog List